Information About Us
We are Fletcher Stewart (Stockport) Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 969990 and with our registered office at Fletcher House, Newby Road Industrial Estate, Hazel Grove, Stockport, Cheshire, SK7 5DA. This is also our main trading address. Our VAT number is 157 5781 30.
Our site is only intended for use by people / companies resident in the countries listed on our site. We do not accept orders from individuals outside those countries. Some restrictions are placed on the extent to which we accept orders from specific countries.
By placing an order through our site, you warrant that:
- you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
- if you are an employee ordering on behalf of a company you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts
- you are at least 18 years old;
- you are resident in one of the Serviced Countries; and
- you are accessing our site from that country.
Availability and Delivery
We aim to fulfil your order by the delivery date set out in the Dispatch Confirmation or, if no delivery date is specified, then within a reasonable time of the date of the Dispatch Confirmation.
Delivery dates are estimates only and delays in delivery of an order shall not entitle you to refuse to take delivery of the order, claim damages, or terminate the order.
If we fail to deliver your order within a reasonable time you may cancel your order provided that we have not dispatched the Products prior to receipt of your notice of cancellation. If you cancel the order you agree you have no claim against us arising out of or in connection with the contract.
Acceptance of the Products after the delivery date shall be deemed to be a waiver of any claim for delay in delivery. The Supplier shall have no liability for any failure or delay in delivering an Order to the extent that such failure or delay is caused by the Customer's failure to comply with its obligations under this agreement.
We may deliver your order for Products by instalments, which may be invoiced and paid for separately. References in our terms and conditions to orders shall, where applicable, be read as references to instalments.
Delivery charges are specified at time of order subject to the delivery service you choose.
Specification and Images
If we prepare Products in accordance with your specifications or instructions it is your responsibility to ensure that those specifications or instructions are accurate and appropriate and that the Products prepared in accordance with those specifications or instructions will be fit for the purpose for which you intend to use them.
We may make any changes in the specifications of any of our Products which are necessary to ensure they comply with applicable safety and statutory requirements.
We may make without notice such minor modifications in our specifications designs or materials as we think necessary or desirable.
Images are for example purposes only and may not be 100% representative of the supplied product. Full product specifications are available on request. All images are examples only and are not intended as instructional aids.
Users should seek professional training before using any of these products. All images and content remains the property of Fletcher Stewart (Stockport) Limited. We reserve the right withdraw the use of this/these images at any time. Copyright Fletcher Stewart (Stockport) Limited - All Rights Reserved
The price of the Products and our delivery charges will be as quoted on our site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error. Product prices exclude delivery charges and VAT (although the price inclusive of VAT is also stated on the website.) If the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay (where VAT is applicable), unless you have already paid for the Products in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
Product prices and delivery charges are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Dispatch Confirmation. Our site contains a large number of Products and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products listed on our site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that, where a Product's correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Product to you. If a Product’s correct price is higher than the price stated on our site, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatching the Product, or reject your order and notify you that we are rejecting it. If the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably recognised by you as an error, we do not have to provide the Products to you at the incorrect (lower) price.
Our Refunds Policy
If you return a Product to us because you have notified us in accordance with our standard Terms & Conditions that you do not agree to a change in these terms and conditions or in any of our policies, we will examine the returned Product and will notify you of your refund via e-mail within a reasonable period of time. We will usually process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day we confirmed to you via e-mail that you were entitled to a refund. We accept no liability for damaged or missing goods which have been returned to us by your carrier.
If you consider that a product is defective you should contact us in accordance with Clause 11 of our Terms and Conditions. We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase or by crediting your account, as applicable. This policy does not affect your Statuary Rights under UK Law.
The products supplied to you shall on delivery
- conform to the description set out on the website
- be fit for any purpose held out by us
- be free from material defects in design, material and workmanship
- comply with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
Except as set out in our Terms and Conditions, all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded.
The product warranty does not cover:
- defects resulting from fair wear and tear. Please be advised that wear and tear can be accelerated by intense usage and/or the impact of the environment in which they are used. It is your responsibility as a retailer to inform the buyer of the anticipated life of a product, the care required and the correct fitting of any product ensuring your “informed” customer buys the correct product. If the customer rejects your advice you must clearly inform them that this will affect their rights should a warranty issue arise. We would strongly recommend you record this warning on their receipt. Any mis-sold product remains your responsibility not ours. When you are assessing potential warranty issues with customers please be mindful of the hours of wear some products have endured and the environment they are used in. When we assess the impact of fair wear and tear particular consideration will be given to the estimated product lifespan information issued with the Product;
- Products which have been neglected, mistreated, overloaded, or used for purposes other than that which they were designed for;
- Products which have not been maintained as specified by the manufacturer;
- the cost of removing, refitting of accessories or attachments, nor does it cover the cost of transportation or any expenses incurred whilst the Product is out of use;
- Products which are expected to wear as part of their use including without limitation boot components, material, zips, rope unless there is a proven manufacturing or material defect;
- defects caused by faulty adjustment or repairs and alterations performed by any other person other than an authorised representative;
- defects caused by faulty or incorrect fitting or incorrect product size;
If you believe that we have delivered goods which are covered by the warranty you must inform us as per our Terms and Conditions and product replacement will be covered as stated in our Terms and Conditions.
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
Events Outside Our Control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event). A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
- civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
- fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
- impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
- impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks;
- the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government; and
- pandemic or epidemic.
Our performance under any Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
The information on this website is thoroughly checked and regularly updated. However, there is no guarantee that it is complete, accurate and up-to-date. All information may be removed or changed at any time without prior notification.
Despite meticulous control of the content of our website we do not assume liability for the content of external links. Fletcher Stewart (Stockport) Limited is not responsible for the content of external websites which it may be linked to.
Activities using the type of equipment shown on this website are inherently dangerous. You should seek professional training from a fully qualified and competent person prior to engaging in any activity using this type of equipment. You are solely responsible for your own actions and of the safety of the people around you. Fletcher Stewart (Stockport) Limited or its agents cannot be held responsible for the misuse of any product. Product is supplied on the understanding that you the purchaser has the full knowledge of the equipment you are purchasing. We reserve the right not to supply any product ordered to any individual if we deem an individual unfit or un-capable of using such equipment.
Full Terms and Conditions can be read on our Terms and Conditions page. Your Statutory Rights are not affected.